Unified Family Court
Free DIY Workshop: E-Courts
Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Main Courthouse, First Floor Cafeteria, 205 North Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach
Petitions for Dissolution of Marriage
Filing Fee for Petition for Dissolution of Marriage: See Fees & Costs for the current filing fee.
Forms and Instructions
Forms are available from the following sources:
IT IS IMPORTANT TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER ON EVERY DOCUMENT YOU FILE WITH THE COURT.
Parent Education Class
For Dissolutions of Marriage with Children, the parties shall separately attend a Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course from a listed provider. The parties shall be responsible for the fees for the course. Each party is responsible for immediately filing his/her Certificate of Attendance in the court file.
Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course Providers
Provided by the Florida Department of Children & Families
PDF | File Size: 313 kb
The Clerk & Comptroller can assist parties filing a "Simplified Dissolution of Marriage." All of the following requirements must be met to file a simplified dissolution. If your case does not meet the criteria for filing a simplified dissolution of marriage, visit the Self Service Center.
- You have no minor children (under 18) or dependent children.
- You have no adopted children under 18 years old.
- The wife is not pregnant.
- At least one party has lived in Florida for the past six months.
- You have made provisions for the division of your property and the payment of your obligations and are satisfied with them.
- You have both signed the joint petition and all other papers needed to carry out this procedure and paid the required fees to the Clerk & Comptroller.
- You both want to end the marriage because of serious permanent differences.
- You both have agreed to use the simplified dissolution of marriage procedure rather than a regular dissolution.
- You are both aware of the following facts:
- After the dissolution becomes final, neither party has any right to expect money or support from the other, except for what is included in the property settlement agreement.
- By choosing the simplified dissolution of marriage procedure, you give up certain legal rights you would have if you had used the regular dissolution procedure (see the simplified package available from the Self Service Center for more information.)
Husband and wife must both sign the forms. Husband and wife must appear before the judge together for the final hearing. All parties must have proper identification at the time of filing (driver’s license, something with a signature).
Copies of a final judgment of dissolution of marriage filed in Palm Beach County are available from the Clerk's Records Service Center. You may obtain the Official Records book and page number by searching the Official Records online.
Per Supreme Court order, images of these documents are not available online if they were filed after 2002. If your divorce was filed in another county or state, you must search the records in that county or state.