Declaration of Domicile
Declaration of Domicile - (561) 355-6214
What is a "Declaration of Domicile?" (FL Statute 222.17)
It is a legal document that
- Defines where you reside and intend to maintain your permanent and principal home.
- Declares that you are a bona fide resident of the State of Florida.
Where do I get forms?
"Declaration of Domicile" forms are available:
Where can I "record" my domicile?
Only at the Main Courthouse
205 North Dixie Highway
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
If you leave your domicile forms at one of the branch offices, it will be forwarded along with your check to the Main Courthouse the following work day.
What legal identification is required?
Acceptable forms of identification include:
- An identification card or driver's license issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
- A passport issued by the Department of State of the United States.
- Other acceptable forms of Identification are described in Florida Statutes - Chapter 117.
What are the fees?
See Fees and Costs.
What payment type is accepted?
Cash, credit card, check or money order only in person, at any Clerk & Comptroller's office locations.