Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email
address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic
email to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

Pursuant to 119.12 (2), F.S., the custodian of public records is Hampton Peterson, 561.355.2996.

Go back to: Home / Court Services / Traffic Violations

Traffic Violations

Traffic School

Elect to Attend Traffic School (Withholding Points)

When selecting the traffic school option to satisfy your citation, you must certify, pursuant to Florida Statute 318.14(9), that:

  • You have not elected to attend traffic school within the preceding 12 months.
  • You have not elected to attend traffic school more than 5 times within your lifetime.
  • You do not hold a commercial drivers license.

School must be completed in the state of Florida.

Check Your Eligibility to Elect Driver School in Lieu of Points

The Department of Highway Safety Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) web site provides information to customers regarding their eligibility to elect driving school in lieu of points. To check your eligibility, you will need to enter your driver license number.

Pay your traffic ticket onlineby mail or in person. See Fees & Costs for the correct amount. There is no reduction in fines when electing traffic school.

Approved Traffic Schools

A list of approved traffic schools is available online from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles." It is your responsibility to contact the agency of your choice.

You must attend the class within 90 days from the date of election. The enrollment fee is in addition to any fine for the violation. Failure to complete traffic school within 90 days from the date of election will result in points assessed against your driving record and additional fines and late fees.

Proof of Completion

You must send the proof of completion to the Clerk & Comptroller at one of our Palm Beach County locations. If you attend traffic school in Palm Beach County, the agency should notify the Clerk & Comptroller of your school completion. You may verify receipt of completion by contacting the Clerk & Comptroller at (561) 355-2994.

Information for Traffic Schools

Traffic schools can submit certificates of completion online to the Clerk's office using my Documents.*

*Traffic schools must use the Internet Explorer web browser to submit completions
This system is compatible with the Internet Explorer web browser only. The Microsoft Silverlight plugin must be installed. Other web browsers and mobile access are not supported at this time.